My 2009 Vegetable Garden Journal
"is now available.
It is a simple to follow book that will help you stay organized and give you all the information you need to have a successful vegetable garden.
In the book you will find:
- A monthly calender with the best dates to plant.
- Month at a glance to do list to guide you.
- Easy to follow planting, growing and harvesting information for 25 common vegetables.
- Tips on watering, fertilizing, mulching and pest management.
Ready to read more?
VEGETABLE OF THE MONTH
Here are my tips for growing great garlic:
- The soil should be loose and fertilized with compost.
- Garlic produces a group of cloves. Separate the cloves for planting. The larger outer cloves produce the best garlic.
- Plant them in rows 12 to 24 inches apart.
- Set the cloves 5 to 6 inches apart and then 1 to 2 inches deep.
- In the south and southwest garlic can be planted now and into January.
Keep harvesting and enjoying your fall vegetables. Take the time to can and store for the winter months.
Check in with
for the simplest steps to having your own vegetables. I have several helpful
that will provide you with easy to follow tips to have an even more successful vegetable garden next season,
check them out.
Please contact me
with your comments and suggestions.
If you have enjoyed this ezine please tell a friend.
Welcome to the world of vegetable gardening!