Some of you are still in the dead of winter whereas others are feeling spring is just around the corner. Either way February is the month for planning!
FEBRUARY IS PLANNING MONTH
Planning is a key to having a successful vegetable garden. It can be as simple as listing what you want to grow and where you will grow it. Good planning will save you time, money and ease of planting and caring for you veggie garden.
- Start planning by asking yourself these questions:
My 2009 Vegetable Garden Journal
"is now available.
It is a simple to follow book that will help you stay organized and give you all the information you need to have a successful vegetable garden.
In the book you will find:
- A monthly calender with the best dates to plant.
- Month at a glance to do list to guide you.
- Easy to follow planting, growing and harvesting information for 25 common vegetables.
- Tips on watering, fertilizing, mulching and pest management.
Ready to read more?
- Need help with your garden layout?
Now you know what you would like to grow, where and how are you going to make it happen? The most common ways of planting vegetables are in row, raised beds or in containers. Order one of my
vegetable garden plans books
for great planning ideas for your own garden.
- February to do list:
- Read seed catalogs.
- Order your seeds early to make sure you can get what you want.
- Start tomato, lettuce, spinach indoors.
- Check and clean your garden tools and equipment.
- Do a
to find out what nutrients your garden soil may need.
VEGETABLE OF THE MONTH
Here are my tips for growing great Radishes:
- Radishes like loose humusey soil.
- Plant 2-3 seeds per inch, then thin to 1 plant every 2 inches.
- Successive plant every few weeks to have an ongoing harvest.
- This vegetable needs lots of water.
- If soil gets dry radishes get "hot".
- Harvest well young and tender.
For more information on check out
Now is the time to start planning your vegetable garden for this coming season. I have several helpful
that will provide you with easy to follow tips to having a fabulous vegetable garden.
Check them out.
Please contact me
with your comments and suggestions.
If you have enjoyed this ezine please tell a friend.
Welcome to the world of vegetable gardening!