|Back to Back Issues Page|
Vegetable Gardening Hints, Spring 2019
December 22, 2019
Wishing lots of Joy, Happiness, and Fun over this holiday season.
I want to send out Season's Greetings to all of you.
10 Reasons to Start a Vegetable Garden1. For healthy, safe food
2. Exercise – hour of moderate gardening can burn 300 calories for women and 400 calories for men. Gardening can reduce osteoporosis. Mowing grass is like a vigorous walk, bending and stretching needed to plant a garden, hauling plants and soil is like weightlifting.
3. Pleasure – add beauty to your yard with vegetable, herbs and flowers, attract birds and wildlife by providing shelter, water and color for them.
4. To learn – there is always something new to learn about plants. Take a course, seminar or use books to help you to problem solve or understand how to use and keep your plants healthy.
5. Make money – For some people gardening can be a hobby, for others it can be rewarding way to earn a living. A garden can be a source of vegetables, herbs and flowers to sell at a farmers market, roadside stand or to gardening stores.
6. Meet people – Gardening can expand your social circle. Gardening can be a way for you to meet your neighbours, garden clubs are great ways to meet other gardeners, extra plants or vegetables can be given to friends, food bank or soup kitchens.
7. Be Creative – Gardening is a great way to bring out your creative and artistic expression. Gardens are a great place to display art, sculptures and garden ornaments.
8. For a healthier planet – growing at least some of your own food will help to have a smaller energy footprint.
9. For spiritual connection – Gardens can be tranquil retreats or escapes from demand on your life. Gardens can lift your spirits as well as a release from stress and anxiety.
10. For memories – Gardening can be a fun way for families to be together, for children to learn how to grow their food, to cut a bouquet of flowers.
Join my facebook groupI would love to hear why you garden. Also, if you have any questions or comments please check out my Facebook group and lets chat.
I offer Online coaching if you need any specific help in your garden.Do you have questions about certain aspects of your garden, or need some direction on how to get your garden started? Let's have a face to face conversation via Skype? I offer online coaching sessions.
For spring I recommend my ebook:
Why is Soil so Important is a great ebook giving simple and easy instructions on making and keeping your garden soil healthy.
Other vegetable gardening books written by Catherine Abbott, Your Vegetable Gardening Helper.
Get everyone growing a few of their own veggies. Forward this FREE ezine to a friend.
|Back to Back Issues Page|